|Do you communicate well with both business people and IT developers? Do you have experience from working structured with software development requirements? Would you like the responsibility for managing the changes and improvements to our critical business application? Maersk Tankers is looking for an ambitious, talented and experienced Technical Writer to join our IT Department in Copenhagen, Denmark.|
|Maersk Tankers IT is looking for a technical writer to be the link between our internal Business Analyst team and our outsourced development and support team. We currently have one dedicated Technical Lead and would like to expand with a technical writer in order to increase business development productivity. A small team of Business Analysts situated in the business handles the user support, training and requirements gathering, and your job will be to handle the next step and make the requirements ready for outsourced development.|
Maersk Tankers offers the successful candidate an excellent remuneration package, including:
• Attractive annual salary package and bonus;
• Flexible working hours and generous leave entitlements;
• Extensive benefits package including company pension scheme, health insurance, gym membership, and other recreational benefits.
|The position reports to the Senior IT Portfolio Manager, and main responsibilities include:|
• Technical project management and communication concerning the development and support of our core business application Tramos towards the Business Analyst team
• Requirements clarification towards the business – writing technical requirements and solution design through dialogue with both the business team and our technical team
• Technical project management of the system operations and technical maintenance in cooperation with our Technical Lead, the outsourced development team and our IT Operations department. This includes management of database upgrades, application interfaces, server maintenance, technical documentation and planning and database monitoring.
|Who we are looking for|
|You should possess the following key skills and experience:|
• 3-5 years of experience with designing solutions based on business stories, interviews and workflows
• 3-5 years of experience with writing detailed specifications aimed at developers
• Experience with technical documentation
• Project management and planning skills
• A technical background and education
We expect you to be fluent (very strong) in writing and speaking English. You are outgoing, a fast learner, and you have good communication skills and are not afraid to ask questions. Experience with object-oriented programming is a plus, but not required.
|>||Last application date: 18 March 2013.|
For further information, please contact: .
|maersktankers.com||Maersk Tankers owns and operates one of the largest product tanker fleets in the world – all built and operated in accordance with the highest standards for quality and reliability. We acquired our first dedicated tanker in 1928, and we’ve been expanding and improving our fleet to meet changing customer needs ever since. Driven by our innovative spirit and commitment to first-class service, we never stop striving to offer safer, more environmentally friendly and more cost-effective transport solutions for our customers around the world.|