Chief Financial Officer-Badagry,Nigeria
|The CFO ensures that activities at the port are aligned with the overall strategy of the conglomerate and APM Terminals and that these yield the best possible financial returns and will provide input for effective strategies for financing of the company and work closely with Group functions in securing financing.|
He/she will oversee development of local policies, procedures and strategic objectives for the Finance, Legal and Procurement function.
The CFO is a key member of the company management team and has a direct influence on the further growth and development of the company.
|• An opportunity to be a part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals Badagry has the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region. |
• Direct influence on strategic level decisions.
• Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stake holders.
• Developing roles and responsibilities for a key terminal for APM Terminals in the region.
|• The incumbent is expected to provide measurable input to facilitate the definition and execution of the company’s business strategy.|
• Together with the CEO the position will be responsible for achieving the company’s financial objectives, within the strategy and business plans of the company.
• The position is required to continuously analyse complex issues and work towards enhancements on existing practices & procedures and find means to maximize value creation and minimize risk for the company.
• The position has a direct impact on operational and financial dimensions of the port.
• The incumbent is responsible for establishing a performance and risk management framework, in addition to establishing a control, compliance and governance framework.
• The position will establish financial reporting and business planning to enable strict control on capital expenditure and cost.
• Develops and executes the financial strategy of the company, ensuring that the company at all times maximizes value, pro-actively mitigates risk and is financially strong.
• Establishes and enforces procedures to improve working routines, provides high quality and valuable information and analyses to aid decision making, achieve efficiencies in terms of capital expenditure and costs and ensure that all subjects relating to the financials of the terminal are dealt with in the most efficient manner.
• The CFO leads and co-ordinates the risk management framework of the company and makes recommendations to the CEO and management team in the risk assessment and management process.
• He/she leads and co-ordinates the performance management framework of the company and supports the CEO in driving performance.
• The position is responsible for treasury management of the company, including working closely with Group Finance in securing funding for the entity, financial exposure, cash and working capital management.
• The CFO leads the procurement function within the terminal and ensures that professional procurement processes are implemented and followed for capital and operating expenditure.
• He/she ensures that policies and guidelines are followed in accordance with the company’s strategy and policies established by the Board of Directors.
• The CFO has financial supervision of capital expenditure.
• Ensures that the company conducts its business in compliance with local law, local regulations and APM Terminals’ Strategy and Culture.
• Ensures and establishes proper internal governance and controls.
• He/she manages key suppliers to ensure that cost effective solutions are provided for the port.
• Ensures that a proper inventory management system is in place.
• The CFO is a key member of project teams driving strategic initiatives.
• Manages, motivates, coaches and instructs departmental staff and fosters inter-departmental communication and co-operation.
|Who we are looking for|
|• Post graduate studies in Accountancy or Finance management or related business studies.|
• At least 10 years in finance management roles.
• Professional standard of knowledge to lead teams through functional/general expertise in the finance and associated functions.
• Extensive knowledge of financial planning, accounting and reporting, procurement and inventory control systems.
• Understanding of project implementation and management of budget, time and scope.
• Understanding of Port Operations and shipping industry and an ability to relate with shipping company and other associated industry managers is seen as an advantage.
• Able to provide vision and empowers others to take action by effectively delegating.
• Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives, and promote a team environment.
• Strategic mind-set, with ability to drive strategic initiatives while providing vision and empower others to take action by effectively delegating.
• Candidates must have advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal and negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Must be able to exercise discretion and good judgment, with an ability to understand the effect of decisions overall in the company.
• Must be able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion possessing high ethical standards.
• Africa experience is seen as a major advantage.
|>||Last application date: 31 January 2015.|
For further information, please contact: .
|apmterminals.com||APM Terminals has been operating in Nigeria since 2005, and has now started to develop a new, ultra-modern Megaport and free zone in Badagry in collaboration with some of the largest and most successful companies in Nigeria. |
The Badagry Mega port and free zone will provide shipping lines and supply chain managers with the best productivity, location, flexibility and cost effectiveness to power the global supply chains of Nigeria’s leading brands.
A dedicated Port Management team will be involved in the port construction and development and, once operational, the Port Management Team will manage and support the companies that under concessions will operate their own facilities. The state-of- the-art multi-purpose facility will consist of a diversity of :
• Container Terminal designed to accommodate the 8,000 TEU large S-Class vessel and over time to eventually accommodate EEE class vessels of 18,000 TEU. It will be established with ultra-modern Ship-to-Shore Cranes and Automated-Rail Mounted Gantry Cranes in the yard.
• General Purpose Terminal which will handle various types of cargo ranging from break-bulk to Ro-Ro (roll-on/roll off) on 325 m of quay and 15 ha of yard. Foreseen are additional storage area of 9 ha immediately south of the area and a further off-dock area can be provided in the planned logistics area if required
• Offshore Oil & Gas Supply Base, with on-shore supporting facilities for supplies, storage, fuel, materials and equipment with an initial footprint of 25 ha with 500 m growing to over 1,000 m of quay length with nearly 50 ha of dedicated yard.
• Refined Products Terminal, which will be one of the largest in Nigeria. Initially expected to operate with one jetty and 60-80 ha of tank farm space with storage expanding to 630 kMT
• Economic Free Zone implies that the port will incur zero tax liability as a result of being located within a special economic zone. It will provide customers with world class infrastructure supported by value-added services and incentives. The Free zone will give its customers the opportunity to transport their goods all over the world in a streamlined, efficient manner. The Badagry Free Zone is dedicated to attracting a diverse mix of tenants from across the globe and industry sectors.
• Logistics Park, positioned close to the container terminal that provides convenience for unpacking, storage and distribution of goods, as well as collecting, packing and processing goods for export and other “value adding” light industries such as product assembly services or container repair services etc.
For this challenging Greenfield project and take on responsibility to manage the Finance department of the port, reporting to the port CEO, we are looking for a talented, proactive and skilled individual of high personal integrity to fill the position of Chief Financial Officer.
| ||At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.|