Head of Port Development-Badagry,Nigeria
|Local/ExpatGeneral Management||Ref.: AT-056549|
|The Head of Port Development is responsible for developing and implementing marketing and communication plans in line with the strategic objectives to develop and promote the port activities. This includes all Marketing & Sales activities and related external communication to attract potential customers of the port. The Head of Port Development will work closely with the commercial positions of the port tenants and foreseen Free Trade Zone organization to support and align the collective interest of shared activities of the port.|
He/she directs the Port development team, and is responsible for the marketing and communication strategy implementation, budgets and non-financial targets, ensuring a highly professional relationship to the various stakeholders.
|• An opportunity to be a part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals Badagry has the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region. |
• Direct influence on strategic level decisions.
• Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stake holders.
• Developing roles and responsibilities for a key terminal for APM Terminals in the region.
|• Lead the translation of the commercial strategy into business targets, budgets and tangible plans.|
• The incumbent is expected to provide measurable input to facilitate the definition and execution of the company’s business strategy.
• He/she is responsible for budget preparations and monitoring as well as establishing strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives in developing the Port strategy.
• The Head of Port Development is responsible for attracting and retaining customers and ensuring the development of a highly professional relationship to the various decisions makers within the customer’s organization.
• He/she should drive and manage the customer value proposition to secure growth and a profitable volume and sales development.
• The Head of Port Development manages the development of overall standards and guidelines for Sales & Marketing, including pricing, service level agreements, promotion, advertising, PR and media relationships.
• He/she makes analyses on marketing programs and adjusts the strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness and resolves all commercial issues as they arise.
• He/she needs to focus on identifying, developing and overseeing business opportunities locally and in the relevant regions.
• The Head of Port Development reviews analysis of marketing surveys on current and new product/service concepts in order to recommend future development.
• He/she co-ordinates customer issues with relevant department & maintains a one point customer contact and will assist when necessary in establishing or reviewing customs and other external procedures and processes affecting port users.
• The Head of Port Development will measure & display & circulate commercial results, including forecast periodically (monthly).
|Who we are looking for|
|• Requires a Master’s degree in business, marketing or related discipline and at least 7 years in management positions. |
• Requires management experience from preferably shipping industry or alternatively logistic or supply chain management.
• Comprehensive understanding of the interaction between functional areas in major companies.
• A broad and preferably international experience and a proven track record within B2B Sales & Marketing and ability to work with confidence both locally and globally.
• Ability to negotiate and build relationships on all levels.
• Targeted, energetic and able to lead, coach and motivate others and ability to work highly independently as well as in teams.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate across the organization as well as to external.
• Understanding of project implementation and management of budget, time and scope.
• Able to provide vision and empowers others to take action by effectively delegating.
• Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives, and promote a team environment.
• Strategic mind-set, with ability to drive strategic initiatives while providing vision and empower others to take action by effectively delegating.
• Candidates must have advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal and negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• High ethical standards, trustworthy and ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality..
• Africa experience is seen as a major advantage.
|>||Last application date: 15 October 2014.|
For further information, please contact: .
|apmterminals.com||APM Terminals has been operating in Nigeria since 2005, and has now started to develop a new, ultra-modern Megaport and free zone in Badagry in collaboration with some of the largest and most successful companies in Nigeria. |
The Badagry Port will provide shipping lines and supply chain managers with the best productivity, location, flexibility and cost effectiveness to power the global supply chains of Nigeria’s leading brands.
A dedicated Port Management team will be involved in the construction and development of the port and, once operational, the Port Management Team will support the companies that, under concessions, will operate individual terminal facilities. When completed, the state-of- the-art multi-purpose facility will be based within an Economic Free Zone and will consist of a number of terminals:
• Container Terminal is designed to accommodate the 8,000 TEU large S-Class vessel and over time to eventually accommodate EEE class vessels of 18,000 TEU. It will be established with ultra-modern Ship-to-Shore Cranes and Automated-Rail Mounted Gantry Cranes in the yard. Phase 1 is expected to have 1.8 million TEU capacity.
• General Purpose Terminal which will handle various types of cargo ranging from break-bulk to Ro-Ro (roll-on/rolloff) on 325 m of quay and 20 ha of yard.
• Oil & Gas Supply Base, is design to support offshore oil and gas exploration activities with an initial footprint of 25 ha with 500 m growing to over 1,675 m of quay length with nearly 75 ha of dedicated yard.
• Refined Products Terminal, which will be one of the largest in Africa and will import various refined petroleum products into the country. Initially expected to operate with one jetty and 60-80 ha of tank farm space, the terminal will eventually expand to three jetties.
Adjacent to the Port will also be a 130 hectare logistics park and a 290 hectare industrial zone..
For this challenging Greenfield project we are looking for a talented, proactive and skilled individual of high personal integrity to report to the CEO to fill the position of Head of Port Development.
| ||At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.|