Head of Construction-Badagry,Nigeria
|The objective of the Head of Construction is to lead the construction, execution and delivery of all physical assets in relation to the creation of the port in line with the project’s scope and objectives. This includes all civil infrastructure, buildings and equipment to project manage the entire project in close tandem with the CEO. |
The Head of Construction is responsible for direct management of contractors related to building the project’s physical assets and engages in close cooperation with the Head of Project Integration to understand and manage critical dependencies affecting construction.
|>||Last application date: 15 October 2014.|
For further information, please contact: .
|apmterminals.com||APM Terminals has been operating in Nigeria since 2005, and has now started to develop a new, ultra-modern Megaport and free zone in Badagry in collaboration with some of the largest and most successful companies in Nigeria. |
The Badagry Mega port and free zone will provide shipping lines and supply chain managers with the best productivity, location, flexibility and cost effectiveness to power the global supply chains of Nigeria’s leading brands. The state-of- the-art multi-purpose facility will consist of:
• Container Terminal designed to accommodate the 8,000 TEU large S-Class vessel and over time to eventually accommodate EEE class vessels of 18,000 TEU. It will be established with ultra-modern Ship-to-Shore Cranes and Automated-Rail Mounted Gantry Cranes in the yard.
• General Purpose Terminal which will handle various types of cargo ranging from break-bulk to Ro-Ro (roll-on/rolloff) on 325 m of quay and 15 ha of yard. Foreseen are additional storage area of 9 ha immediately south of the area and a further off-dock area can be provided in the planned logistics area if required
• Offshore Oil & Gas Supply Base, with on-shore supporting facilities for supplies, storage, fuel, materials and equipment with an initial footprint of 25 ha with 500 m growing to over 1,000 m of quay length with nearly 50 ha of dedicated yard.
• Refined Products Terminal, which will be one of the largest in Nigeria. Initially expected to operate with one jetty and 60-80 ha of tank farm space with storage expanding to 630 kMT
• Economic Free Zone implies that the port will incur zero tax liability as a result of being located within a special economic zone. It will provide customers with world class infrastructure supported by value-added services and incentives. The Free zone will give its customers the opportunity to transport their goods all over the world in a streamlined, efficient manner. The Badagry Free Zone is dedicated to attracting a diverse mix of tenants from across the globe and industry sectors.
• Logistics Park, positioned close to the container terminal that provides convenience for unpacking, storage and distribution of goods, as well as collecting, packing and processing goods for export and other “value adding” light industries such as product assembly services or container repair services etc.
For this challenging Greenfield project and take on responsibility to manage the construction of this mega port, reporting to the port CEO, we are looking for an experienced, proactive and skilled individual to fill the position of head of Construction.
|At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.|