Chief Executive Officer-Badagry,Nigeria
|Local/ExpatGeneral Management||Ref.: AT-056545|
|The CEO is leading the construction, implementation and commercial developments of the port during the start-up phase and establishes a state of the art organization to accomplish its targets. |
The CEO is the prime point of contact of all stakeholders involved in the construction and operational phase, and is responsible for managing the concessions with all tenants.
Once operational, the CEO directs the organization towards its primary objectives, based on profit and return on capital, growth projections, and development of new business and expansion of scope of business.
|• An opportunity to be a part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals Badagry has the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region. |
• Direct influence on strategic level decisions.
• Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stake holders.
• Developing roles and responsibilities for a key terminal for APM Terminals in the region.
|• Manages and guides the port construction and implementation plans and activities in line with set time and budget.|
• Negotiates the concessions and interacts frequently with port tenants to share & implement best practices.
• Represents the organization with major customers, shareholders, the financial community, Governmental regulatory authorities, and is the face of the local business in the eyes of the public.
• Define, develop & execute visions & strategies for Badagry Port, including business planning and budgeting.
• Manage the daily business according to the agreed operating principles of the business and relationships with all stakeholders and customers.
• Determining appropriate staffing levels, & managing recruitment, competencies, training, education & career planning, as per legal & company requirements.
• Establishing business priorities to meet the customer requirements while driving continuous improvement in productivity & cost management.
• Select, negotiate & enter into binding agreements with authorities, suppliers & customers & be accountable for execution & maintenance of service levels as agreed.
• Drive, develop & deploy best practices within all port departments, including safety & environmental management, while deploying APM Terminals Global tools, processes and procedures.
• Reinforce APM Terminals culture, values & reputation and ensure compliance with APM Terminals policies.
• Align financial procedures with Regional Finance norms & standards.
• Risk Management:
•Identify significant risks in operations, commercial, finance, strategy & compliance areas
•Assess the identified risks on an ongoing basis & identify trigger events and have strategies to deal with & manage the identified risks
•Ensure that the APM Terminals risk policy is implemented & followed by all levels within the company.
• This position establishes longer term business strategy for the port based on the overall company vision & strategy in alignment with the partners in the conglomerate.
• Meets regularly with other management staff to ensure that operations are being executed in accordance with the organization’s policies.
• The position will drive subordinated positions to efforts of continuous improvements in order to increase productivity or to better manage costs & operational overheads.
• As the incumbent has to constantly manage divergent needs between various functions & is responsible for the delivery of the port business plans, the position will exercise a multi-dimensional role encompassing all areas of the business.
|Who we are looking for|
|• A proven track record and managerial experience in larger commercial operations. Requires experience in an international assignment at an operational, marketing or general management level.|
• Experience in major constructions of infrastructures assets and developing commercial activities while knowledge of marine port operations, shipping and logistics industry is seen as an advantage.
• Candidates have excellent stakeholders management skills and a proven track record in building up and maintaining good relationships within the shipping industry, the local communities, and the government.
• Candidates should have as a minimum a college degree from an accredited international university. Advanced degree in management, such as an MBA, is highly desirable.
• Candidates need good knowledge and experience in marketing/sales in the business sector.
• Requires extensive managerial and leadership knowledge, applying best practices to all sections of the business, and an in-depth knowledge of corporate and project financing.
• Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership and influencing skills and is able to exercise sound business judgment in order to set direction and establish priorities.
• Requires excellent managerial skills, including planning, organizing, and directing work and a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork.
• Candidates must have advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal and negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Must be able to exercise discretion and good judgment, with an ability to understand the effect of decisions overall in the company.
• Must be able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion possessing high ethical standards.
• Africa experience is seen as a major advantage.
|>||Last application date: 15 October 2014.|
For further information, please contact: .
|apmterminals.com||APM Terminals has been operating in Nigeria since 2005, and has now started to develop a new, ultra-modern Megaport and free zone in Badagry in collaboration with some of the largest and most successful companies in Nigeria. |
The Badagry Mega port and free zone will provide shipping lines and supply chain managers with the best productivity, location, flexibility and cost effectiveness to power the global supply chains of Nigeria’s leading brands.
A dedicated Port Management team will be involved in the port construction and development and, once operational, the Port Management Team will manage and support the companies that under concessions will operate their own facilities. The state-of- the-art multi-purpose facility will consist of a diversity of :
• Container Terminal designed to accommodate the 8,000 TEU large S-Class vessel and over time to eventually accommodate EEE class vessels of 18,000 TEU. It will be established with ultra-modern Ship-to-Shore Cranes and Automated-Rail Mounted Gantry Cranes in the yard.
• General Purpose Terminal which will handle various types of cargo ranging from break-bulk to Ro-Ro (roll-on/rolloff) on 325 m of quay and 15 ha of yard. Foreseen are additional storage area of 9 ha immediately south of the area and a further off-dock area can be provided in the planned logistics area if required
• Offshore Oil & Gas Supply Base, with on-shore supporting facilities for supplies, storage, fuel, materials and equipment with an initial footprint of 25 ha with 500 m growing to over 1,000 m of quay length with nearly 50 ha of dedicated yard.
• Refined Products Terminal, which will be one of the largest in Nigeria. Initially expected to operate with one jetty and 60-80 ha of tank farm space with storage expanding to 630 kMT
• Economic Free Zone implies that the port will incur zero tax liability as a result of being located within a special economic zone. It will provide customers with world class infrastructure supported by value-added services and incentives. The Free zone will give its customers the opportunity to transport their goods all over the world in a streamlined, efficient manner. The Badagry Free Zone is dedicated to attracting a diverse mix of tenants from across the globe and industry sectors.
• Logistics Park, positioned close to the container terminal that provides convenience for unpacking, storage and distribution of goods, as well as collecting, packing and processing goods for export and other “value adding” light industries such as product assembly services or container repair services etc.
For this challenging Greenfield project and to take on responsibility for managing the project and the port, reporting to the Board of Directors, we are looking for a talented, proactive and skilled individual of high personal integrity to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer.
| ||At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.|